New car with a budget on Aftermarket parts? Please help...?!

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new 06 cobalt ls sedan -white- and i want some exterior parts to make it look good. any ideas? im within a budget of like $500 b/c i still have car payments to make -still in high school. any ideas would help me out a lot thanks!

darklink991

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at parts or modding your parts on the car. Like tinting a sedan cost just under two hundred. You can black out the inside of your headlights that's thirty dollars.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

I have a orange sedan and that's what I have done so far.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have the front sway bar from the SS TC for cheap. 40 plus shipping. suspension on the base models IMO is the first that should be modded as its crap

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Suspension

Something to work to:

Powell Raceshop Street Rear Sway Bar
SS/TC front strut bar (im selling one cheap)
FE5 struts and shocks
Peddar Springs
05-06 SS/SC Control Arms (yes they work i did it)

darklink991

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that for forty.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

How much do SS body kits go for?

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah ill have to try the suspension but i just kinda wanted to work on the outside before the performance stuff, what are some good things to do for the outside, plus what are some good, cheaper websites that i could get some parts from

Last edited:

Spacey_stacey75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up lens tinting spray at the auto parts store for $13, tinted my side makers and 3rd brake light, can be used on all nights though if your looking to do that. I had used regular window tint to do it and that just looked crappy up close. I got halo head lights and smoked led tail lights on e-bay for less than $300 for all. Just gotta look around abit.
Not sure where your from, but if there are any flea markets around ya, I got my windows tinted for $110 with a 2 year warranty at the flea market.
I have been fairly successful with doing my car on a budget. It can be done.
I got a under light kit, street glow, at the auto parts store for $70.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thanks i did buy some VHT nightshades for my other car before it crapped out so im gunna try that for this one and then maybe try a tint shop. does anyone know where i can find the missouri laws for tinting tail lights?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
case310

Latest posts