New Member from SC

agita_san

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car! There's a lot of things you can do to your car. The biggest bang for your buck IMO is a set of lowering springs. HUGE difference looks wise and handling wise. Not everyone is into lowering their cars but that was priority no. 1 for me :)
After I lowered my car I got a K/N SRI and a tsudo cat back. For a while I just rode that setup, not really doing anything to my ar except for small things. Tinted tail lights, painted headlight housings, painted chevy bowties, Debadged the 'COBALT LT' and the gm badges, and did all my interior neons and LEDs. After I finished most of all those small details I started on slightly more serious mods. I got an HID kit for my headlights and for my fog lights from buyhids.com and AVS headlight covers. Now I'm upgrading the suspension. For my suspension I've put in SSi lowering springs with Koni yellow adjustable shocks and struts, a cobalt addiction strut bar, FE5 control arms, eibach rear sway bar, Bwoody rear strut bar, Bwoody sway bar end links, Ingalls torque dampner, Ingalls camber kit.
Other Little things I've done include LED map lights and reverse lights. I installed a cheap little PA system with a microphone so I can scream at the idiots on the freeway. Check out my cotm submission thread for a list of Everything I've done. I have an 08 cobalt LT sedan and I'm putting my car together on a tiny little budget. Just give it some time, come up with a plan ahead of time and you'll be g2g :)

Fletch627

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car! There's a lot of things you can do to your car. The biggest bang for your buck IMO is a set of lowering springs. HUGE difference looks wise and handling wise. Not everyone is into lowering their cars but that was priority no. 1 for me :)
After I lowered my car I got a K/N SRI and a tsudo cat back. For a while I just rode that setup, not really doing anything to my ar except for small things. Tinted tail lights, painted headlight housings, painted chevy bowties, Debadged the 'COBALT LT' and the gm badges, and did all my interior neons and LEDs. After I finished most of all those small details I started on slightly more serious mods. I got an HID kit for my headlights and for my fog lights from buyhids.com and AVS headlight covers. Now I'm upgrading the suspension. For my suspension I've put in SSi lowering springs with Koni yellow adjustable shocks and struts, a cobalt addiction strut bar, FE5 control arms, eibach rear sway bar, Bwoody rear strut bar, Bwoody sway bar end links, Ingalls torque dampner, Ingalls camber kit.
Other Little things I've done include LED map lights and reverse lights. I installed a cheap little PA system with a microphone so I can scream at the idiots on the freeway. Check out my cotm submission thread for a list of Everything I've done. I have an 08 cobalt LT sedan and I'm putting my car together on a tiny little budget. Just give it some time, come up with a plan ahead of time and you'll be g2g :)

Wow dude, your car is sick! A few people have told me to get it lowered, but where would I go to get it done, and how much should i expect it to cost? Appreciate everything else you listed, definitely a lot of good ideas.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah just get a spring compressor from autozone for the front 2 springs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts