New member, got a couple questions for the experts

sspeigle

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have a 2009 Cobalt LS 2 door and I have been doing a little research, because I've wanted to do a little interior/exterior customization to my car, but so far my efforts have been fruitless. I've been trying to find a couple things, and I figured you guys were the best ones to ask. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as it sounds, because the car is technically my father's and not mine, and he told me that he didn't want me doing anything to the car that wasn't easily reversible. My only options at this point are plug-and-play and bolt-on parts that can be easily reverted back to factory defaults.

First, I've been trying to find a replacement trim kit for my dash. My car is a deep blue color, so I'd like to be able to find a blue replacement, but even one that I can paint myself is fine, just as long as they're not hard to swap out.

Second, I was wondering if you knew if there were any body kits that can bolt on in place of the factory bumpers and such. I feel like this could be a bit of a stretch. A full kit would be ideal, but even just individual parts that are easy to put on/take off would be great, including a spoiler.

If you have any information on any of these, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why dont you just take your dash trim off and paint it ? how much you looking to spend on a body kit . you can have them pre painted

sspeigle

Reaction score
why dont you just take your dash trim off and paint it ? how much you looking to spend on a body kit . you can have them pre painted
I can't paint it because my dad will freak. I wanted to keep the one that was original. If I got a replacement, I could paint that one and keep the original to keep him happy. And I'll look at any price range for the body kit, but just as long as I can do it without modifying the car in any other way. It'd have to be a bolt-on if anything, which I doubt they make.

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look in a junk yard for the dash trim ( that will keep that cheap ) and Chevy Cobalt 2Dr Body Kits . or look around on google for one you like and read if they paint to your paint code some kits are a whole new bumper and stuff that bolts on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts