new to forum

markymark

Reaction score
i am on here for my girlfriend. she has an 06 cobalt ls.
she wants to make it faster but i think she just wants to fit in with me and my friends witch is pretty cool. im a vw guy and i do know my way around cars.

she has been having tfrouble with her radio and her keyless entry. the radio seems to lock up. all the parts of the screen go crazy and the radio locks. it wont change stations volume or just turn off. it will go away when she turns the car off but it comes back randomly. the keyless just wants to work when it wants to just kinda off and on.

the problem that bugs me the most is her paint. she has the yellow and it looks like it wasnt painted right from the factory or the has driven behind a dumptruck full of gravel for like 3 days or something. it weird because none of the spots are down to the metal they look like they are just to the primer. just looks white.

what would be some simple stuff to do performance wise to her car. i figure an intake and an exhaust would make her happy. what is all out there for performance chips for these cars? what would u guys suggest for intake and exhuast? i dont think she would want to go with anything extreem like cams or turbo. let me know whats out there

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
the key fob is a known terror

tell her to get a k&n intake, full vibrant exhaust if possible, tune it

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome...
Inside the key fob usually needs resoldering(is that a word?) the contacts come loose from the battery...Not sure about the radio...I suggest either k&n or injen intake...are you talking header back exhaust or just catback? Instead of a chip just tune the ecm *cough* trifecta *cough*

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dunno why everybody has problems with their remotes, I had my 06 remote for 3 years and never had a problem.

jmarie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! the keyless is normal. the radio.. i would say you might want to take it to the dealer if she is still under the warranty, it's probably a loose wire or somewhere, i had a problem with my speakers and my horn and soon to be my radio a few months back.

markymark

Reaction score
wow this forum is fast compared to the vw forums! i figure if she is gona do exhuast she might want header back. i just dont want her runin around sounding like all the ricers. i want it to sound nice and deep if thats even possible on this car. how much better is the trifecta ecm ""flash" as us vw guys call it. what are the stock power numbers on these cars?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso