P0300 Code (Help) Whats going on?

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously though it could be a few things. could be clogged cat, clogged fuel filter or fuel lines, could be too cold of air coming in for your tune, could be plugs/coil pack. with a misfire it could be a few of those things as well.

and huckernage, supressing a code like that will only hide the code, there is still a reason that the car is misfiring and that should be looked into as if he doesn't it will lead to other things going wrong down the road. misfires are usually due to your a/f ratio being off whether it be too lean or too rich. its a matter of figuring out which one it is and finding out why.

Last edited:

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but that wont solve the whole car running very rough and power lose im getting will it?

you feel that much power lose. have you film it?

with my p300 light on i was running low 15S'. in my case no power lose

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

are you stock spark plug

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you feel that much power lose. have you film it?

with my p300 light on i was running low 15S'. in my case no power lose

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

are you stock spark plug

i can gaurantee you, you had power loss. if you fix the reason why its misfiring you could be a high 14's possibly

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can gaurantee you, you had power loss. if you fix the reason why its misfiring you could be a high 14's possibly

my average was low 15 with some time in 14S. it was more on idle. when ''pop'' was, P300 light on 4 secondes after that.

saturn were not able to fix it. they ve changed coil pack and spark plug and still missfire occurated. they put an injector cleaner but......

Last edited:

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not saying your not gonna get some misfires, i do in my car but when they are bad enough to set off the CEL then there is a bigger problem.

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm shit alex if you want to we can take a look at it it could be due to the shitty gas this time of year have you tried using the next grade up?

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check plugs pack fuel filter and cat. push comes to shove get u a compression tester and make sure its not a cyl i dont think it would be but you never know

1slobalt12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm shit alex if you want to we can take a look at it it could be due to the shitty gas this time of year have you tried using the next grade up?

i have been using 93 pretty much everytime i fill up but i did mix in a half a tank of 91 like a day or so ago. but i dont think it would be that unless its shitty gas... im going to be taking it to my mechanic tomorrow if he is open i let you know what happens

im getting a major loss in power not just a little and im not stock spark plugs i forgot which ones but i put them in last winter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso