Power steering failure

campbellguitar

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Cobalt 2door, 4 cyl, automatic.

The power steering is going out, I get a message on the DIC that just says POWER STEERING.
I can turn the key off on back on and it fixes the problem sometimes for a day and then sometime I have to do it repeatedly to get to where I am going.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue or what might cause this issue with the electric power steering or has had it fixed on there cobalt I would like to hear from you.

Thanks
Eric

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
the power steering module was/has been an issue with our balts..given that we have electric steering

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright well i am going to take a look at my buddy's 05 ls sedan today. I have been told to check the connections and what not for the power steering. I need to know the locations to check.. anyone?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, under the dash attached to the steering wheel there's a big cylender sticking off the steering column, thats the motor. Check everything thats connected to it and the module thats right there. Also check the fuse under the hood to make sure its getting a good connection. I had to have mine replaced while I was over seas. $700 at the dealer......

Lesson of the story is buy the part and do the work yourself. Not sure how difficult it is but it saves you about $500.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup