Replaced coil pack, now won't shift

Jason Sexton

Reaction score
Okay, my 2006 Cobalt Ecotec 2.2 wouldn't start, so we replaced coil pack. Car started and ran normally, on test run, the gauges quit, only showing low fuel and power steering (which is working fine), and would not upshift. I have it home now, and have the battery unhooked to see if I can get it to act right. Any ideas? Nothing is ever simple on these things.

Jason Sexton

Reaction score
Also, lurching when put in drive or reverse. It's like everything brokeback once, which isn't possible. This car was in perfect working order last week. I mean immaculate.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Discoing the power like you have can resolve issues like you are experiencing. Any recent weather changes?

Jason Sexton

Reaction score
We had a cold snap, but the car ran great at 9 degrees. Next day was when problem started.
Failed to mention, it's also dieseling. Strangest thing ever. Left battery unhooked for about an hour, and have the same issues. What confuses me is that the coil pack seemed to fix the issue, I mean, it started and ran anyway.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah weird. Missing grounds do strange things to cars. Glad you got it figured out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso