rubbing back passenger wheel

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i lowered the balt. 2-2.5 like all springs. now when i am pusshing it if i hit any bumps while turning left the tire rubs on the wheelwell. i think it is just the plastic liner, but it is damn close to hitting the actual quarter panel. i def want to fix this since the reason i dropped was better handling, not just looks. i am running 225/45/17 with the drop. posting a pic because it doesn't look nearly as low as some, and have seen people running 225/50/17 with no issues. idk if my offset is out more, but the rims are not very deep.

2797-2013-02-24-11-22-30-72.jpg

2798-dirty-day-after-bath-damn-pa-salt.jpg

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be an offset issue. You do not look to be that low. As for rubbing away the liner, join the club I'm on the same boat. Maybe your shocks are shot if Ur about to hit he quarter panel when coming to bumps. I know mine dont

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shocks were replaced with the springs. but they are cheapo staggs which will never be on a vehicle of mine again. when i mean the quarter panel, i am meaning the actual wheel well lip. where it rubs the liner is scarey close to hitting the metal instead. i am getting a clunk from that side and was thinking the bushing for the rear axle may be bad on that side, or possibly the wheel bearing tweaking when i'm pushing it. this only happens if i'm taking say on off ramps at about 60-80 and it is bumpy or on windy country roads which have some sharp bumps. i was pushing it the 3 times it has happened. i wish i could figure out the offset since i bought these rims used.

Last edited:

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He rims should have it stamped in the back the offset. Jack up the car and check the bearings. If your flopping all over the place than there u go. But if the wheel is firm its something else. If u only had a go pro or a camera Mount to film your wheel while u drive to see what its doing

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u only had a go pro or a camera Mount to film your wheel while u drive to see what its doing

i want a go pro for so many reasons, and this would def be a good one other than just for riding the quad. lol. i'll be looking into it this weekend and taking it easy till then.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want a go pro for so many reasons, and this would def be a good one other than just for riding the quad. lol. i'll be looking into it this weekend and taking it easy till then.

Sounds like a plan :p

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out getting a Swann Freestyle HD. $100 and basically a go pro.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt realize that was a link before. Lol. But i checked it out and that will be a purchase next payday, but it sucks it doesn't come with a sd card. But i guess either way i would be buying the 32gb and they mostly all would come with an 8, maaaaaybe a 16 if it was the cheap new gopro hero3. So hopefully the picture quality, and light adjustment isn't real bad. I see alot of glare, and very dark vids and think this would do the same thing. But either way for seeing if i'm 3 wheeling, or having a first person view of the autox's i'm eanting to do this summer would be nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso