Speaker and amp help

PoweredByLE5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That depends are you using a stock headunit or an aftermarket one. I assume stock, so you will need a line output converter to make it work or an amp with high level inputs. if you plan to wire it to the stock sub then match the output of the amp to the sub, I recommend a 2 channel or mono if you are looking to just power the sub but if you are planning to amp all the speakers go with a bridgeable 4 channel. At 50 watts nominal you would need to amp them to get the full effect. I am a fan of alpine, rockford, and mtx amps. The alpine and rockford have been a fav of mine for a while but mainly I use alpines as they have true rated power output in rms ratings. To power the stock sub with those 4 speakers you would aim for a 400-500 watt amp to provide adequate power with some wiggle room for upgrading the sub later down the road. Amplifying the speakers is not a necessity but if you want the best sound at higher volumes then yeah you will want to amplify them. I would not necessarily stick to pioneer unless its a preference thing for you. I have heard good things about eclipse amps and some other brands but I have been out of touch with the newest and best products on the audio market for a little while now. This amp is kinda what you will be wanting to look for; http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_099EA4200/Eclipse-EA4200.html?tp=115

Last edited:

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dunno wouldnt pioneer work the best with my head unit?

nahh matching speakers with HU doesnt really do anything

for example, i have a pioneer avh-p4000DVD head unit, my component speakers are RE audio 6.5's and 6x9's and sounds damn good... its all in the EQ settings man

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get the optimum sound out of the system then yes matching the output of an amp to a speaker is the way to go about it. I never questioned the quality of a non amplified speaker setup but at higher volumes an underpowered speaker will distort in sound.
Noe matching brands on the other hand is not necessarily the best way to go about it. JVC decks work really well with alpine type s speakers, same for my clarion speakers working well with my current sony deck. The most important thing is to match power output for optimum sound performance.

PoweredByLE5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have pioneer x910bt as it says in my sig i'm not looking for crazy sound just something decent and that wont cause my speakers to blow out... i think they need to be amped though cause they're not that loud i gotta turn the vol all the way up to like 40-50 but then the bass is hitting mad hard and thats how i blew all my speakers. and for some reason only chimes will come out of the left front speaker not sound

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts