Specific LE5 Content????

Mo Parz

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me, or direct me to, a list of what unique content was built into my 2010 Cobalt SS/LE5????

I know the LE5 is the normally aspirated 2.4 liter DOHC Ecotech motor.......

but what else went into the car as a whole to make it unique from an LT???

Wheels? Yep, bigger 17"
Tires? Yep, shorter aspect ratio, less sidewall flex
5-lug/bigger brakes? Yep
Springs??
Shocks?
Sway bars? Bigger?
Other chassis/handling upgrades??

Just curious, I totally dig my 'balt but can't find much data on it.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spring and shocks are FE3 pieces so different from LT. There's other little things here and there but i'm 99% sure your motor isn't an LE5, they dropped the 2.4 back in like 07-08. You should have the 2.2 LAP, same as the LS/LT. Check under your trunk carpet for the build sticker, it'll have one if these on it: LNF, LSJ, LE5, LAP, L61. That's which motor you have.

Tapatalk from RAZR MAXX.

Mo Parz

Reaction score
i'm 99% sure your motor isn't an LE5, they dropped the 2.4 back in like 07-08. You should have the 2.2 LAP, same as the LS/LT.

Ok, yep, you're right. It's an LAP.

Darn was hoping it was a the bigger motor. Still runs good though.

Thanks for the reply.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doesn't your car have an emblem on the back showing ls/lt/xfe? that would've told you...

Mo Parz

Reaction score
doesn't your car have an emblem on the back showing ls/lt/xfe? that would've told you...

Nope.

All it has is "Cobalt SS". I suspected, at first, that it was a rebadged LT that someone turned into a "wannabe SS". Then I saw that other normally aspirated Cobalt SS's were made and assumed it was one of those.

Don't know what to think at this moment other than it's at least an LT.

But it has the SS wheels, lower sill moulding and 5-lug hubs. I got it used w/22k.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha. well i believe the 2010 lt's came with the 5 lug. person before you just bought the wheels, obviously lol

Mo Parz

Reaction score
person before you just bought the wheels, obviously lol

And added the lower rocker mouldings and emblems too.

One last question..............What would the trim code(s) be for an "SS"??

There would have to be some kind of body trim code to add the SS specific content on the assembly line.

Thanks!

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be able to look at the valve cover also, that would tell you 2.2 or 2.4. i'm not sure the trim code. regardless, if your car is a 2010 (which it will say date/year of production in the door sill i believe), it is not an le5 because they were discontinued in either 07 or 08

Mo Parz

Reaction score
if your car is a 2010 (which it will say date/year of production in the door sill i believe), it is not an le5 because they were discontinued in either 07 or 08

Hey, it's cool, I've fully accepted that it's not an LE5 and have moved on.

Just want to decode the trim level to see if it is an SS, LT or LS. Or did they not even offer a normally aspirated 2.2 in an SS in 2010??

Thanks again.

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the trim code to be honest. the LT's came with the 5 lug rim option though, the LS did not. there was no N/A 2.2 SS, only the 2.4's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup

Latest posts