stripped seatbelt bolt recommendations?

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I rarely use my seatbelt, I know its not the smartest. I will yell at my son about his, while I dont wear mine. But hey. If I can ride a motorcycle with no helmet, then wtf do j meed a seat belt for? But I will be doing the passenger seat for sure, and waiting for the headliner redo for the drivers side. Hell when I do that amd my back deck I am tossing the middle belt too. I never have that many people in my car, and when I do, its annoying seeing there face in my mirror. Thats why I want to put matching racing seats front and back. I know its possible, just complicated, and a looooot of work.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not saying this as a personal attack, but not wearing a seatbelt is right up there with playing Russian roulette. At least wear one when your passengers are in the car, your body could be the thing that kills them. Not wearing a helmet on a motor cycle is equally a terrible idea, i don't wish it on you, but eventually it'll happen.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wont take it personally. But how can me not wearing a seat belt endanger my passengers? Not an attack either, but if we are in a situation where I should have one on, we already hit something.....i take my passengers safety into account when they get in, and my aggressiveness behind the wheel decreases alooooot. I am defensive and think every other driver is trying to kill us.......which most of them shouldnt have a license period. I know I do need to start wearing it consistently though, but its just such a habit. If my cobalt dinged and annoyed me I would for sure. I always have it on in my gf's fake jeep.....its a patriot.....I wont argue that it isnt stupid, I know. It just isnt one of the things I think of when I'm pulling out of wherever I am. And I have been in bad accidents. I rolled a 92 tempo 3 times, and the automatic shoulder strap saved my life. Idk. I will never ride my quad without a helmet, and think motorcyclists who dont wear one are morons, but I dont see not wearing a seat belt the same level of danger.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't find the video right now cause I'm on my phone. But more or less think of setting a large bag of flour, your weight, in the passenger seat. The car rolls, that bag now becomes a lethal projectile with enough weight that you can't catch it due to the massive G forces. The video I'm referring to shows a girl being flung around the cabin of a sedan, killing the other 3 passengers in the vehicle.

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they say u got a 50 percent chance when wearing a seat belt of surviving the crash guess its better than 1 percent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts