What is considerd good gas mileage for a 2.4?

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting 21-22 city till i put my header and dp on... driving easy i average 16-18mpg now :( wtf i thought the better the airflow the better mpg u'll get?? seriously i'm driving just like i did when i got 21-22mpg.... =/

somethings definitely leaking.. i have a leak in my dp/ catback joint.. and even driving with 60's and a boost tune on the car ... with no boost.. I still get more then 16-18 mpg lol

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
well since i fubard my clutch the mpg have been pretty good i cant go over 5 psi without it slipping:emotions122:

:( that's no fun, time for a stage 3 clutch and a lightweight flywheel? :D I'm a big fan of lightweight flywheels after putting one on my last car, can't wait till I can afford one in the Cobalt.

PoweredByLE5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somethings definitely leaking.. i have a leak in my dp/ catback joint.. and even driving with 60's and a boost tune on the car ... with no boost.. I still get more then 16-18 mpg lol

i think i'm gonna get new gaskets and put the lsj downpipe back on and sell the 3" dp or trade for a 2.5. 3" is too big for N/A the only reason i have a 3" is cause i thought my friend was giving me the XTC 2.5 i got confused. also i followed the how to and it said nothing about a special torque pattern untill i found the same how to on another cobalt site that showed it so i prob have a leak from that....

Last edited:

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:( that's no fun, time for a stage 3 clutch and a lightweight flywheel? :D I'm a big fan of lightweight flywheels after putting one on my last car, can't wait till I can afford one in the Cobalt.

exedy stg 2 for me w/stock flywheel...for now..when i do my motor rebuild im hoping to go with a clutchmasters stg 3 and a new flywheel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso