What should I do now??

mrc81200

Reaction score
My 2007 Chevy Colbalt pulled the camshaft sensor code about 3 months ago, I changed it and now it's back on with the same codes. It is also having trouble starting.... What should I do? I have already changed the battery and the spark plugs. The car has 125K miles on it. What is making the camshaft sensor go bad? I am a girl and pretty much only know how to do what I am told to do with my cars. Please help....

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you might need to get a new actuator put on your intake camshaft. what brand sensor did you buy?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's probably a shitty sensor. buy an ACdelco one. part number 2131690

mrc81200

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure thats the one I got actually. That name seems familiar. Should I try and put another one in before I break down and take it to a shop?

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as i said before then, you might need a new intake cam actuator. it's a piece that's pressed on the end of the cam sensor that works with the sensor

mrc81200

Reaction score
I'm just going to try a new one, to see if that helps. THANK YOU BankDude!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Thank You! I will try that too...

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another possible problem is that there could be a short in the wiring

UncleDave

Reaction score
DO NOT talk your self down for being a girl.

I am having a problem with a possible electrical intermitent. Came and went 4 times. I keep read of wires being pinched.

When you find it, if in a shop, tell them you want to SEE the problem for you self. And report back. You will help the whole lot of us looking for problems.

To me the most important thing that you can do it to report what you have looked at, especially the LAST thing that fixes it.

God Speed.

09turboLT

Reaction score
I had the same errors for intake and exhaust cams a couple weeks back when I was installing a turbo. What I found is these solenoids and your TPS *throttle position sensor* share a bus in the ECU. I spent 2 days running through the harness trying to track down the short. What I found is that my TPS had died. I am not sure if the autozone in your area can test this, mine could not had to have dealer look at it. But once I replaced my throttlebody the car started and the errors were cleared.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaldoPa

Latest posts