What's the difference between a lt and rs suspension?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't recall, I'll see if I can't find the thread later, we don't have it on this site.

Last edited:

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably get kicked off this site for asking this. . :-/ But I can't afford Springs right now. . Is it feasible to cut a coil? I just got a great deal on 17s and I know they will look dumb at stock height. ..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot cut the rear springs due to their beehive shape. The fronts are possible but it is highly discouraged because of the spring's progressive nature. You'll end up with a spring that has more rebound than it should in less travel. Think slammed Honda hatch pogostick. Granted it's probably not quite that bad but it's the same deal.

You can snag springs for fairly cheap depending on what you want.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot cut the rear springs due to their beehive shape. The fronts are possible but it is highly discouraged because of the spring's progressive nature. You'll end up with a spring that has more rebound than it should in less travel. Think slammed Honda hatch pogostick. Granted it's probably not quite that bad but it's the same deal.

You can snag springs for fairly cheap depending on what you want.

I was looking in ebay at megan springs for $150. But after seeing rhebpics of ur all drops with b&g I was leaning at them. But those are like $250

I see those no name ebay ones for like $80 but am afraid those would be horrible..

Thank you for not bashing me.:). I know thatbis the worst option.. but I just have no money and cringe at idea of rims with stock height.
Any other info for a cheap way to lower is greatly appreciated!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking in ebay at megan springs for $150. But after seeing rhebpics of ur all drops with b&g I was leaning at them. But those are like $250

I see those no name ebay ones for like $80 but am afraid those would be horrible..

Thank you for not bashing me.:). I know thatbis the worst option.. but I just have no money and cringe at idea of rims with stock height.
Any other info for a cheap way to lower is greatly appreciated!

Check craigslist in your area, there are bound to be some springs for sale.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT BUY THE CHEAP EBAY SPRINGS!!! they are just shorter stock rate springs so you just slam along. I have the rub marks on my wheel wells to prove it from a few highway patch jobs. They suck horribly, and when they settle, alot of times they wont be the same drop at all 4 corners.

Trust me. My sig tells the story.

Last edited:

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT BUY THE CHEAP EBAY SPRINGS!!! they are just shorter stock rate springs so you just slam along. I have the rub marks on my wheel wells to prove it from a few highway patch jobs. They suck horribly, and when they settle, alot of times they wont be the same drop at all 4 corners.

Trust me. My sig tells the story.

So which ones do you recommend? I want a nice drop for as little money as possible.

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
case310

Latest posts