05 Cobalt w/ pioneer premium system HU swap. Help Needed Fast

BAiley15

Reaction score
Hey there world. I am replacing my cousins stock head unit. he has or shall i say had the pioneer premium stock system. walmart didnt have the harness adapter and he wanted it done ASAP so we decided to go ahead and just wire it straight to the stock harness.(cut the stock connector off) I did some research found out we needed to run out own acc wire did that. Hooked up all the speakers right. Head unit turns on has power and everything. But no sound music or anything. Since it is the premium system and has the stock subs i know it has an amp. but does the amp run all the speakers or just the sub. Need help fast please. And yes i know that just waiting to buy the correct harness adapter would have made things a heck of a lot more simpler. but like i said he wanted it done ASAP.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Sorry i wrote that in a hurry guys. So to make things easier. we did not use a harness adapter. We cut the old connector out. Did some research found out that the stock harness doesnt turn on with power but with data. ran a new acc wire and all that jazz. Hooked up all the speaker wires, 12v constant, and ground. Head unit gets power, turns on, but it music does not play. I did a lot of searching and can not find out what is wrong. The car originally had the premium pioneer system in it. The only wires i could not find a place for was pins A9, A10, B1, B3, B6, B9.
2005radioC1-3.jpg.html

How does the amp get power and does the amp power all the speakers.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The amp is turned on via the GMlan IIRC, you need the correct harness adaptor to get it to turn on, GMOS-LAN-04 should do the trick. That amp powers all of the speakers. You'll need to reconnect the stock connector and purchase the harness adaptor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso