08 LS still lots of fun

cblt10

Reaction score
I bought an 08 LS new in 08....still have it . Love it. No performance mods. Automatic. I have always been impressed with the off line pep that the 2.2 puts out, and when you get on it on highway entrance ramps - like 2nd gear etc. Why is the guts of this little powerhouse always not talked about? Slowbalt? Not really IMHO. Drove a 09 SS turbo on a used lot and the only really impressive thing was 2nd gear rush. No engine growl. For that kind of money? Gotta do more than that for me . I like my 2.2, period. Only cost me about $14500 off the lot. The Cruze will have a 1.8? Ha....ha....

black-balt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think the 2.2 LS is pretty quick sometimes... fast no, but like entering on ramps, and downshifting and things like that, it's pretty energetic...

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeesus **** if you think a stock 2.2 is fast you need to get out.... find people with real cars lol

We drive an Econ Box, i love mine but its a econ box and i accept it

warrenb213

Reaction score
cobalt ls isn't fast. especially auto stock. but it is however dominant when it comes to hp/trq in its respective class.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lmao this reminding me of this kid at school.. says his friend has a chipped LS and that he did a 1-4th gear burn out at a professional drag strip.

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah i hate those ppl that make shit up......i was here at work one day and a guy came with a cobalt ls coupe that had a body kit on it.....u know i talked to him told him about the site and shit...then he started getting on my nerves....lol......he said that a couple of weeks back he beat a supercharged v6 car.....didn't even say the name of the car or anything....his ls is completely stock......i just stared at him because i was at work lol i wanted soooooooo bad to be like bullshit!!!! lol i guess his 145 hp is just the best ever huh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso