08 LT power window issue

elunltd

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping someone can help with my 2008 LT Cobalt power window issue. I am an electronics tech, but not cars, just TVs and whatnot. The passenger side window refused to go up, with either switch. I removed the door panel, and removed the motor plug, and used 12 volts to power the window back up, and that went smoothly. I applied my voltmeter to the disconnected motor plug, and when switched to down there is 12 volts, but only 4 or 7 volts when told to go up. Is there a relay somewhere for reversing this motor, or could it be in the drivers side switch? It would be nice to have a diagram. :)

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like something is fried between the motor and power supply. Check all your fuses.

elunltd

Reaction score
Found and fixed the problem, without parts even! :) I obtained a wiring diagram, which led me to the drivers side window switch for the same window. I removed the switch and considered replacing it, but found it easy to disassemble the switch and remove the contacts for cleaning with a fiberglass brush I use for removing corrosion at work. On reinstallation, everything is back and working.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear! I'll have to keep that one in mind if I run into this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup