09 Cobalt SS TC Sedan Water Damage!

Nick1857

Reaction score
Hey All, I just picked up my cobalt SS a month or so ago. Last night i stopped by my buddies apt to hang out for a bit, and left my sunroof open. 45mins - 1 hour later, when i'm leaving, i noticed it rained pretty hard.

Yes, i'm retarded for not noticing it was raining, and yes i'm retarded for leaving it open.

The cupholders were filled completely with water, and the seats/back floor was SOAKED! I instantly toweled it all up and dried what i could. I cracked the windows and let it sit overnight, but it is still pretty wet.

All electronics were fine and the dash had no water near it. The shift knob was a bit damp, but i dried it and it seemed fine.

My question is, what are the chances of it molding under the carpet/in the seats?

I can only imgaine that replacing the seats and carpeting would be extremely costly.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Best bet to dry it all out is to turn on floor heat with all the windows closed and leave it like that for a while checking on it every so often.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mold it will with out a doubt unless you get it completely dry immediatly, though shouldnt be much of an issue as long as it dries and stays dry. i'd suggest wet vac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso