09 Cobalt with bad gas milage!!!! HELP!

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am wondering if you gas gage is off ??? when mine get to the 1/8 line its does funny shit . when i know i am in the red and i get going down the road it will move to the 1/8 line then back down . sometimes it says low fuel range when i know i have 1/8th lol . its weird . my wifes cobalt kinda does the same thing but not as bad

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it doesnt make any sense my car is an 07 auto with 86k miles factory plugs only changed the fuel filter only once. All I fill up with is the 10% ethanol gas and i average 29 to 30 driving pretty fast (3 tickets one year fast) Did you put a cold air intake on it or something maybe a k&n oiled filter might be messing with your maf meter. Id bring it somewhere if you cant figure it out soon cause you might be runnin rich and that could screw some stuff up over time.

i hereby call bullshit on this statement :)

726.0chevelle

Reaction score
Oil from a k&n especially if someone put too much oil on it can get through the the filter thats why they started making dry filters soooooo calll bullshit

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i could see it if it had too much oil and wasnt allowed to dry...thats a maybe

when you order the tune make sure you tell them you want it for mpg rather than HP

chevrolet25

Reaction score
well i was thinking about going to the shop in wa to get it done, or do you think that its easy enough to do it myself? i just want it done right the first time and i really dont want to mess my engine up

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso