09 Cobalt with bad gas milage!!!! HELP!

fdfstoscvy

Reaction score
I went through all of this the first year with my 09 LT and had it back to the dealer many times for I was getting between 13 to 16 mpg. I was told that due to there is ethonal in most gasoline that is the problem.
I was told to use gas from golf that has no ethonal and you will see the mpg go up but not by much. I get now around 18mpg but this is backroads and highway with hills. I can get 24 with a good wind behind me.

Last edited:

chevrolet25

Reaction score
see this is really starting to piss me off!!! i have gone through this entire car trying to resolve the problem and have yet to have any luck!!! I have tried EVERY GAS around me! ethonal free gas, shell, chevron Premium and 87oct. Fuel additives and nothing!! what really pisses me off is i traded my Mint condition 97 cavalier with 70k on it for this fu***** car and i was getting 28+ in the cavalier, with my foot in it! Now this brand new car is getting damn near 21 in the city and 24 on cruise control! WTF is everyone getting this???........... And is a tune guaranteed to increase my milage 30mpg+? i dont want to drive 500 miles to get it done then drop 300/400 bucks on top of it! so has anyone had dramatic increase in fuel milage with the trifecta tune?

chevrolet25

Reaction score
ha ha yeah at this poin i feel like doing that! shit! i should have kept the good ol' cavi! someone please make me change my mind about selling my new cobalt!

726.0chevelle

Reaction score
Yea it doesnt make any sense my car is an 07 auto with 86k miles factory plugs only changed the fuel filter only once. All I fill up with is the 10% ethanol gas and i average 29 to 30 driving pretty fast (3 tickets one year fast) Did you put a cold air intake on it or something maybe a k&n oiled filter might be messing with your maf meter. Id bring it somewhere if you cant figure it out soon cause you might be runnin rich and that could screw some stuff up over time.

chevrolet25

Reaction score
well i put the k&N on after the fact, i thought it would improve the milage but it didnt! And the dealers just tell me they cant really do much with out a light being on......

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I got my tune like 3 years ago on my 2.2 I had to drive back to TN with it, avg mpg was 38+. Trifecta tune is worth it, so long as you don't drive it like you stole it you will notice an increase in your mileage. Around town driving like an ass I was getting 23mpg, thats flooring it from stoplights and generally doing really stupid things lol. Hell even at the drag strip after driving around town my average didnt drop below 21.

Vince can dyno tune you remotely, you dont have to drive over here to WA to get it done.

chevrolet25

Reaction score
ok so before thd tune what were you getting for milage? i seriously thinking about gettin this done. Anyone from the west coast, what shop do you recomend? Salt lake utah or seattle washington. i just dont understand why my milage keeps droping could that be from just gettn out of tune over time?:think:

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

off a full tank of gas, if i drive 25 miles on the FREEWAY on Cruise my needle on the gas guage will move up one line!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso