Reaction score
Head gasket??? Oil cooler????
I think headgasket

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear buddy. I'm betting a head gasket being the loss area. Doing a compression test might help narrow it down.

That's not bad for the mileage though.

Only the 2.0 SS models had oil coolers so far as I know.

Last edited:

ivaylonikolov

Reaction score
Maybe not realizing u have got the car to hot quite a few times for the head gasket to fail .Good repair shop will charge u around 1000 bucks to do the repair,the cylinder head must be machined ,pressure tested and x-rayed to ensure true flatness and no stress cracks .As a full time mechanic i allways tell my costumers - do a quick check up on if ride once a week ,it takes 10 min and can save u lots of doe

Trussell

Reaction score
It never over heated....the hottest it ever got was 225....it usually stays around 192-196...i keep an eye on the temp whenever I come to stop or if I'm in stop and go traffic

Pressure test was done...they also found that the reservoir tank had a leak

and this thing is like my joy....., I rely on her for work, so anytime something is "different" she gets parked and fixed before it goes back on the road....I have had it 3 years and put close to 120,000 on it and so far only trouble has been an heater core crack and actuator

ivaylonikolov

Reaction score
those engines are cheap 500-1000 bucks + if u have some mechanical skills u can get it done in 1 day .if u dont know anyone that can help u im sure u can find skilled mechanic interested in some side work to swap it out for around 500 or less .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso