2005 Cobalt Add-on Performance Ideas

cobaltfast

Reaction score
Hey Group,

Just purchased a used 2005 Cobalt, 2-door with manual transmission. Looking for ideas on performance add-on's. Getting around 32-34 mpg on the highway and would like do what I can to increase that number.

Couple that top my list:

- Cruise Control (list any DIY models that you would recommend for install)

- Cold Air Intake (Looking at the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake Systems) If there are others that are better or cheaper, please list.

Any other Ideas?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U can get a good cruise control module for bout 180 im on my phone right now so just google it or ill post it up tomorow and as fir.better gas mi id suggest a tune from trifecta for that and welcome to the forum

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

cobaltfast

Reaction score
Thanks for Welcome!

I haven't done anything to the car yet, just got it cleaned up and checked everything for proper levels.

First things first, I'd like to add cruise control to it as I have a 80 mile commute to work each day down the interstate. I'm going to call locally tomorrow and see if I can get this done. But I'm interested in any good DIY kits out there if anyone could recommend one that's not hard to put in.

Second, I'm looking hard at the K&N Cold Air Intake for the Cobalt, user reviews are good on them and it should help efficiency.

I'm not looking for speed but efficiency driving down the highway, I'd like to shoot for 36-38 mpg if this is possible?

Does this programmer really increase efficiency or just power?

Thanks for the Help!

cobaltfast

Reaction score
Ok, looks good to me.

Do you know if this is fairly straight forward to setup? Does it require any special programming from a Chevy Mechanic to make it work or just pretty much plug and play?

I'll also check out the programmer.

Thanks!

grizzly_man07

Reaction score
i did the cc in my car. it is easy to do. the only bad thing is goin to the dealer. i think they charged me 65 bucks just to activate it. they said they had to download the program or some bullshit like that

cobaltfast

Reaction score
Ok, I called a dealer and they have the Tech II programmer and said they could do the change. On another forum and user said it took like 10 minutes to do the reprogramming to the computer and I have the PDF instructions for the change from cruisecontrolstore.com. So cross your fingers, hopefully the change goes well and doesn't take long.

Still trying to find the best price for the Rostra 250-1775 online.

I'll post back on how the install goes later this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
case310

Latest posts