2006 Chevy Cobalt LT Problems.

clflorida

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I picked up a 2006 Cobalt Lt from a dealer with 132k miles for $3000(Paid too much for it smh.) My dad was in my ear the whole time telling me I should buy it so I did. I had about 5 minutes to inspect the car before he started pissing me off and I bought it. I regret it. So, after I list the problems I found, do yall think I should keep it or return it?

*I had 10 minutes after I bought it to inspect it at home before work and this is what I found. No doubt there will be more when I search tomorrow.

1. The passenger side headlight has a hole/crack that allows water to come in and put condensation on the inside. I have a mustang and this happened to it to. I eventually got new headlights but I believe the fix was to drill a hole in the top and bottom. Can I do the same to the Cobalt?

2. The rim outline kinda sticks out from the tire. I think theres a spacer or something between them but it looks pretty damn stupid.

3. When I parked the car I noticed a sound like water inside a bucket that got kicked or inside a boat. This may confused yall, I had just stopped, turned the car off, put in park, and I heard that sound. A type of swishing sound. Is that normal?

4. When I close the driver side door, I hear a rattling sound.

Ill try to post some pictures tomorrow. Thanks for any help. Once again should I take it back or keep it?

clflorida

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radio stopped working. Called Sony, said I need to get the reciept from the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. You can try that option, new headlamps are pretty cheap too.

2. What size is the tire?

3. Where is the sound coming from? Check your spare tire well, may be water there.

4. These cars have cheap interiors, they rattle. You can pull the door trim to track it down.

5. Aftermarket radio? Is it getting power from ACC and ON source?

clflorida

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6. Just left the key in the ignition so I could turn the heat on and its still cold. Might need to turn the car on or drive it for heat.

To you yelloeye:

2. 195/60r15 fuzion tire wow f my dad the tires arent the same,
Doral 195/60r1, Doral 195/60r15, fuzion 195/60r15. So the fronts are fuzion and the backs are doral.

3. I think its coming from more the dash area but ill check the spare in a minute.

4. Ill figure that out soon.

5. Idk it did work for awhile then some of the buttons stopped working. The source still works but I cant change the station.

How do I open the trunk? There was a button the dealer pressed but I cant find it. Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Nevermind found the trunk button.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, it's the ninja trunk button.

2. Tires are the correct size. Stock wheels?

6. The car must be warm to get hot air.

clflorida

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol
Size 15s?
a3ana7a3.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

What does this light do? It looks kinda burnt. I think its the turn signal light. Is it supposd to be black/dark?
pyjuryte.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Nevermind about that light question. Found the leak for the headlight. The water fell out of a whole in the sealant. is it safe to put in the oven?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is on low heat.

Those wheels and tires look normal, it's because you have hubcaps that they look spaced away from the tire.

TxSilverBalt

Reaction score
I think that whooshing sound might be coming from that system that routes fresh air to the exhaust. Mine does it too, so I dont think its that big of a deal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup