2006 cobalt air conditioner problem

big gear head

Reaction score
The air conditioner on my '06 Cobalt works fine while driving down the road, but blows warm air when stopped. The gas was checked and the pressure was adjusted, and the condenser was cleaned. The engine cooling fan is blowing when the air is turned on. I don't know why it blows warm air when stopped but does fine when driving.

onedoughboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you charge your Freon at some point? The cobalts use only 1 or 1.1 pounds of Freon. If you charged it with a can you may have too much in the system, causing it to act up. You need to vacuum it out and recharge with the correct amount.

big gear head

Reaction score
It was over charged, but that has been adjusted. I don't know if the controls are vacuum operated or electric, but I'm going to check for vacuum leaks and see if that might be the problem.

big gear head

Reaction score
Well that eliminates a vacuum problem. I can't figure out why it only puts out warm air when you stop. It's fine while driving down the road.

big gear head

Reaction score
I haven't checked, but it sounds normal. My daughter has it and she lives about 2 1/2 hours away. I'll check the next time she comes to visit.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The lower range might be causing the compressor to not spin fast enough. Does it work correctly in neutral?

How many miles are on it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso