2006 wont shift

mclark086

Reaction score
Hi everyone i have a problem, my niece's 06 cobalt just started messing up, the check engine light came on and started flashing power steering in the display and it won't shift out of first gear. does anyone have any suggestion's on what i can check and has anyone else had this problem and what fixed it? before anyone says to do a search i already have and have not found anything with the same symptoms.

thanks, mike

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobalt Power Steering/Check Engine light Issues

Hi everyone i have a problem, my niece's 06 cobalt just started messing up, the check engine light came on and started flashing power steering in the display and it won't shift out of first gear. does anyone have any suggestion's on what i can check and has anyone else had this problem and what fixed it? before anyone says to do a search i already have and have not found anything with the same symptoms.

thanks, mike

mclark086,
How did things go with your niece's Cobalt? Wanted to see if you were able to get this issue resolved. I would be glad to check the VIN to see if there are any recalls or special coverages related to what she's experiencing.

If so, please private message me the 8-digits of the VIN and I will check.

Vanessa
GM Customer Service

1AJeremyD

Reaction score
If the power steering is flashing, the motor is probably gone just like the other 1.2 million that they fixed. Bring it in to the dealership and have them do the recall for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso