2008 Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2 Auto NO CRANK, NO START

knobrega

Reaction score
i need some help here before my life ends up in a divorce.

I have a 2008 Chevy Cobalt that I bought for my 16 year old son. The car was in rough shape but I have fixed everything.
I got an oil change and the tech crack the oil filter cap and oil sprayed on the RT side of the engine. I fixed the cap and added the lost oil.
I sprayed some simple green on that side of the motor very lightly and rinsed it to clean out the oil residue. I dried everything and even put a fan over the engine compartment
to help dry before trying to start.

I got in the car and turned the key - I have a NO CRANK NO START issue. Here is what I have done so far:

* I tried to jump the car. The battery had plenty of power but still no crank.
* I checked all connections - all seem good
* I checked fuses including 50amp trunk - all seem good
* I jumped starter/crank relay and the starter did crank.
* I do have a ground wire from TCM to strut assembly - just checked as this seems to be a common issue on the threads.

My internal insight tells me that something got wet and is preventing the engine from cranking. I had no issues prior to rinsing the motor. I did not use a pressure washer or take it to a car wash. I simple
poured water over the areas to rinse the oil off trying to avoid wiring and connections.

Anyone have any ideas? I will pay a reward if your idea is the fix because I'm short of blowing the car up to be honest.

Thank you for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais