2008 Cobalt Automatic Transmission Issue

petedaddy

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

I am trying to troubleshoot potential transmission problems on my sister's 2008 Cobalt.

The problem is that the car is going into high RPM's (around 4,000) before shifting into 4th gear. The car shifts perfectly in lower gears, and the problem is only when shifting into 4th gear.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Pete

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am trying to troubleshoot potential transmission problems on my sister's 2008 Cobalt.

The problem is that the car is going into high RPM's (around 4,000) before shifting into 4th gear. The car shifts perfectly in lower gears, and the problem is only when shifting into 4th gear.

Thanks!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry I am unable to diagnose your issue you're having with your sister's vehicle. You would need to speak with a Certified Mechanic/Technician about the issue you are having.

Vanessa,
Chevrolet Customer Service

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi pete,

sorry i am unable to diagnose your issue you're having with your sister's vehicle. You would need to speak with a certified mechanic/technician about the issue you are having.

Vanessa,
chevrolet customer service

bahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaaaa

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Thanks!

Pete

The vehicle would have to be scanned with a GM tech 2. This issues could be a wide variety of things. possibilities may include an engine performance issue, tps issue, tcm issue, trans clutch pack issue, wiring issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup