2008 LT coupe issues

Kathrin

Reaction score
Greetings!

I have a 2008 Cobalt coupe with 75000 miles. In the past few months I've had issues creep up and haven't been able to isolate the problem.

-Started as cylinder 4 misfire, randomly.
-A few months later progressed to rough idle while in drive (mostly if I was stuck in a long drive through or stop light).
-Now I currently get the rough idle, and the engine starts shaking and the car stalls out if I don't move. If I put it into neutral/park, it stops, but starts again in drive until I accelerate.
-When the engine gets to shaking, I get traction control alerts and the check engine light flashes.
-If I turn the car on/off-it all goes away until the next idle.

So far I have replaced the coil pack/spark plug for cylinder 4. Vacuum leak check, replaced the camshaft position sensor. We've cleaned the throttle body and a few various other things we found mentioned on different forum posts.

Can anyone shed any light on something I haven't tried, or that we might be missing? Our next step is O2 sensors, I think. We gathered a list and are just going down the line at this point of others with the same issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
K

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any codes?

Mileage since last oil change and air filter change? Is it eating coolant?

Kathrin

Reaction score
Any codes?

Mileage since last oil change and air filter change? Is it eating coolant?

Code is P0304. No coolant issues, and its been about 2.5k miles and air filter was replaced a few months ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts