2009 Cobalt LT FALLS EDITION (OFFICIAL TEAM CANADA OLYMPIC 2010 VEHICLE) Timing (?) Issue: Gear Symbol light with plus symbol inside of it

Danimal

Reaction score
Am having a problem with my 09 Falls Edition Cobalt LT. 5spd manual, 286,xxx km (not miles - Canadian) on the ODO. I am not 100% sure if it is what I think it is, but under heavy acceleration and/or higher RPM, I get a circular gear-like symbol, with a plus symbol inside of it. It goes away, and it only happens intermittently. I experience no symptoms, feeling nothing out of the ordinary, nothing weird. I think the symbol relates to something with the timing/chain, but I could be wrong. If I'm correct about what the sensor light is, could my Timing be starting to slip or jump or gone advanced/retarded? (Clarify for society, I don't mean the slur. I mean the mechanical term for being behind in something, IE Timing being delayed/behind, etc. Since I am a mechanic, I just haven't dealt with a light like this before). Advice and help appreciated, thanks y'all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby hernandez

Latest posts