2010 CObalt LS Cruise Control and Keyless entry install

BiG JeEzY

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. Just registered a few moments ago. My name is Jerome and I am an owner of a white 2010 Cobalt LS XFE coupe. I bought it brand new from the dealer last November. So far, I really love this car, its fun to drive and its really great on the mileage. It also looks great. One day I saw it parked next to the latest design Civic coupe and can say from looking at both that my car looked better.

Anyways, while I am happy with my car, I can say that there are some features that I do wish it had. I traded in my old car to get this Cobalt and my old car had cruise control and power windows/mirrors while this doesn't have power anything. Its a bare bones Cobalt.

What I really want to do is have cruise control and power locks with keyless entry installed on it. I researched and contacted several shops in my area and I've been told that both are possible to install. I've also shopped for quotes. I won't mention any names of shops here but the best quote I got was the following:

1. Cruise control: $300 parts/$200 labor
2. Keyless entry: $150 keyless entry parts and install (both doors)/$100 actuator parts and install (both doors)

The total would be roughly $750 plus tax. My question to the forum is does this sound reasonable? I never had any experiences with installing aftermarket parts on a car before so I wouldn't know. Does anyone believe I can get it done for cheaper? This is all I plan to do, I can care less about any engine mods or any other aftermarket parts. I bought this car partially for its fuel economy anyway.

I would really want to get this done without spending more than I really have to. I live in Sacramento, California by the way.

THanks in advance,
Jerome

Last edited:

BiG JeEzY

Reaction score
Does anyone have any input on this? Please, I'd really appreciate it.

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jerome,

The best way for you to get idea about pricing would be to call around to different shops in your area as you have done. This will give you an idea about how much is reasonable. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

lukkys

Reaction score
cruise control

Read my post 2010 ls cruise control,if you go back to page 14 12-12-2010.I also installed power door lock in January,i bought a cheap kit on ebay that came from california.Let me know if there is something else i can help with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup