5 lug swap

09kobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been thinking about doin the conversion... ppl are swaping cv shafts with the ss so i dont c a problem with swaping the hub bearings and the rear end off of a SS as far as i can c all i need is the rear end and the front wheel hubs with the rotors... please correct me if i am wrong and please let me know if any of yalls have the parts i need

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guy named maven on css did it. or is doing it.. but there are 2.2s with 5 lugs as well..i got some 5 lug wheels for sale.. u should get those first ;)

Hemken666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your doing it for just the rear disks you can get a conversion kit that uses s series calipers.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Everything is 100% direct bolton. Youll need a set of front and rear 5lug hubs from a NON-TURBO Delta (5Lug Ion, G5GT, SS/2.4, SS/SC, any non-turbop HHR) Only thing to worry about when it comes to hubs is top be sure you dont get hubs from an LNF powered vehicle, and if you have ABS make sure you get ABS hubs. the only non-abs 5lug Delta is the base HHR so that shouldnt be a real issue. nonABS hubs can be as low as $100 ea new in the aftermarket, ABS ones can run as high as $300 each, shop around, used ones should be about $200 for all 4, or less if you shop around.
Youll need rear drums which are about $75ea from GM online, which is actually CHEAPER than what I found in the aftermarket. Youll need a set of front brakes, rotors are like $80ea from NAPA, or damn near every vendor we have sells them.....Youll need a complete set of front calipers, these are available from the aftermarket OR ACDelco for about $200-250 for the set depending on core charge(which you have to pay since you have no cores ) you want "loaded" calipers because they come with everything you need. Or of course you can go used, Ive seen salvage yard calipers for as little as $25ea, some elbow grease and spray paint and theyll be better than new.(I didnt bother painting mine...yet)"

09kobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ thats all i was really wanting ppl keep asking me if im wanting the cv's but i dont i really just need the hub bearings im a manager at autozone i can get everything else.... aftermarket drilled and slotted rotors are only 45 a piece and pad i can get with loaded calipers and those are 110 a piece

09kobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wont need to find any rims i am very happy with the stock 18 ss gun metal wheels

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie