A/C barely blows air

wooldoor1

Reaction score
The A/C does blow hot or cold, but you can barely feel it. Even at full blast, you have to put your hands up to the vents to feel anything. Is this a common problem for Cobalts? It is getting very hot this time of year and I need to fix it!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it sound like the fan is trying to push more air when you turn it up?
What setting do you have the left knob on?
When is the last time you changed the cabin filter?

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The A/C does blow hot or cold, but you can barely feel it. Even at full blast, you have to put your hands up to the vents to feel anything. Is this a common problem for Cobalts? It is getting very hot this time of year and I need to fix it!

Hi wooldoor1,

I apologize that you can barely feel the A/C in your Cobalt, even when it is on full blast. I can certainly imagine your frustrations with this, especially as summer approaches. Although YelloEye is providing you with feedback, please let us know if you would like our assistance. I would be more than happy to look into this concern further and get in touch with your dealership. If interested, please send us a private message including your VIN, mileage, full contact info and the name of your preferred local dealer.

Best regards,

Shane M.
GM Customer Care

DWB3129

Reaction score
I would check the cabin filter first. I had same problem and it worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup