A/C gone wrong

Cobalt

Reaction score
I have a 06 Cobalt. Simple one. The A/C used to blow colder then the nrothpole. I know its been a while since it was serviced and it my fault. It recently wasnt blowing as cold as normal and like my other cars i went to autozone to get some R134 freezer to make it cool again.
I followed instructions and inserted it into the service port which is located on the far right towards the headlights of the vehicle. (thats the only port that fit) so i unloaded the whole bottle and drove it for a couple hours and ive noticed it has gotten increasly warmer and yet to have any coldness.
Did i put it in the wrong port? or is there something else i must also add on?
its very warm too, not one ounce of cool at all.....im a little worried

Cobalt

Reaction score
damit this sucks. Especially since summer is just about starting to heat up out here in the bayarea. if snyone sees any other info on another thread or website id really appreciate some hints

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that with my old Grand Am. Didn't get any colder... so I took it to a local Tuffy... and they charged it up reeeaaaal nice.

Just find a local shop. Should only cost about $50, maybe.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking its because you have to purge the old freon as well as fill it up.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably true. The cans say that you just hook them up, spray, and you're good. I think that's what it said, at least. It was a long time ago for me... and I was totally clueless about cars back then.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is probably true. The cans say that you just hook them up, spray, and you're good. I think that's what it said, at least. It was a long time ago for me... and I was totally clueless about cars back then.
The Humvee I had in Iraq had the crappiest A/C, decided to mention it to the mechanics down at the MotorPool one day and they wheeled out their A/C recharger, hooked up one to the low side and one to the high. Replaced the freon, damn truck was ice cold after that, actually had to turn the fan on low a couple times :rofl:

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha... our Humvee didn't have A/C in 04.
dealwithit.gif

Haha, but our MRAP's did on this last tour. Of course, this last tour was during the winter... and all of our missions were at night... so we didn't really need it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup