A worthy purchase?

nixonthekat

Reaction score
Hello everyone..

I'm currently looking at purchasing a 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT with 121,783K on it from a dealership (independent not a GM) body is in spectacular shape and the rims and breaks and tires are perfect same with inside features.

The car has everything from xm, factory sub, sun roof, cruise control etc.. I've seen the carfax as well and it's had no accidents and hasn't been in the shop for anything major but the sun roof button replacement and breaks and new tires.

My concern especially now is buying the car when GM has announced the recall for the ignition switch. ( GM Recall | Ignition Switch Recall Information | GM Canada ) and replacement parts are taking forever.

So my main conclusion: Is it safe to continue driving the car with the recall and reducing the amount of things on your key chain? and for anyone else who owns this car any common problems with it?

I'm also buying this car for $4,998.00 Canadian.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say you should be fine. Sounds like you could go lower on price with that mileage though.

nixonthekat

Reaction score
I was thinking the same, and apparently there is a power steering recall as well, so i'll factor in the recent recall and that and the mileage I'd say $4,000 is decent..

80ce15fe-c441-4a07-ae63-f9523c847c81.jpg

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Great wheels too, I've got a set of those for my girls Corolla summer tires next season.

nixonthekat

Reaction score
I'm going to pick it up on Saturday, Will post some better pictures :afro:

nixonthekat

Reaction score
Well the good and bad news. lol.

the car,
wSx7wnN.png

Runs like a gem and I made it back from where I bought the car to my city (an hour and a half) with no issues. I had no idea what I was in for..

Shortly a few hours later I decided to take a stroll out into the country and get used to driving stick again and my clutch burned out. Smoke, Smell etc. Shortly before it did I was loosing acceleration at 80mph to 40mph to 0mph.

Word of advice for those inexperienced with automobiles. Do have a mechanic look at these sorts of things before you spend lots of money like I did :)

However, Since I purchased this vehicle from a dealership and the clutch wasn't covered under the warranty they're still offering to replace the clutch and transmission for free.

Overall besides this:

Car handles wonderfully, Has beautiful Features and it's very fuel efficient.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup