AEM Uego Wideband Air / Fuel Ratio Gauge

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting interceptors for my 2 spots, dont need the AEM for my TC since it's already got a sensor.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
depends dude. if you want functionality i would probably go with the interceptor. but if your getting the rpd then i would probably get a pyrometer or egt gauge.

the RPD has everything I need, i wouldn't need wideband if I got the RPD, that's the point lol

what is a pyrometer and egt gauge?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
egt gauge and sensor: the sensor gets welded into you're header typically to read your "Exhaust Gas Temperature"

Pyro I think is the same thing.....correct me if I'm wrong.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a wideband is needed. Unless you don't ever plan on getting tuned. Personally, I'd go with a Autometer Wideband. American Made, you won't need to "port" the A-pillar hole (AEM is larger than your average gauge), and you can get other gauges to match it (ie: other Autometer gauges from the same series, like a Mechanical Boost Gauge and an EGT Gauge).

egt gauge and sensor: the sensor gets welded into you're header typically to read your "Exhaust Gas Temperature"

Pyro I think is the same thing.....correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, they are the same thing. Also a fairly essential tool.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, a wideband is needed. Unless you don't ever plan on getting tuned. Personally, I'd go with a Autometer Wideband. American Made, you won't need to "port" the A-pillar hole (AEM is larger than your average gauge), and you can get other gauges to match it (ie: other Autometer gauges from the same series, like a Mechanical Boost Gauge and an EGT Gauge).

Yes, they are the same thing. Also a fairly essential tool.

again, the RPD has all of these things and more available on it, I will be getting the RPD.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey what gauge is suggested to read the stock wideband on the SS/TC?

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again, the RPD has all of these things and more available on it, I will be getting the RPD.

Well isn't that just cool. Did you make this thread? Oh that's right, so I probably wasn't talking to you then, huh?

And I'm almost positive that the RPD does NOT come with an EGT. They might have made revisions to the pre-production model that I played with... but that was not a feature then.

ALSO, the Boost gauge is not accurate with Infiniboost. In fact, most all Electrical Boost Gauges are inaccurate. Mechanical Boost Gauges are the way to go... they are extremely accurate... which is needed. You can be pushing 24-25psi and showing 21-22 (or No Data Available). It also doesn't read vacuum in any way.

You can't see both boost gauge and wideband (or any two things at once). You have to keep flipping around pages for them. Sucks when you're trying to troubleshoot or to monitor VITAL engine statistics like knock (RPD version doesn't work well if at all). It also doesn't have the ability to see/clear CEL's.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm seein the same thing USMC, never heard of it having an EGT display. Pretty sure the car doesnt even have an EGT sensor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup