Alarm System w/ Remote Start

Rmoore006

Reaction score
I am looking to install a remote start system in my Balt, along with an alarm system. The thing that I am curious about, which is probably a stupid question so forgive me, if I install a remote start system do I have to keep the factory key fob on my key ring for the PassLock system? I do not want there to be any problems with the starting system once installed, but if it is needed, can I take apart my spare fob and put it by the PassLock chip to keep the vehicle working properly? I thought I heard that some Chevys needed this to be done with aftermarket systems, but I am not sure if it is so on the new ones.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Oh, and uh, Happy New Year!

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pass lock has to do with the key not the fob. and if u do it correct there would be no need to keep the factory fob on ur keychain

Rmoore006

Reaction score
Ok, that's what I was thinking too. I had heard on some of the older cars that the fob had to stay with the keys otherwise it wouldn't work

nszkodyn

Reaction score
The only thing you need the OEM key fobs for is to reset the TPMS sensors when you do a tire rotation, other than that they are not necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso