All season tires on an SS?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking into getting all season tires or snow tires for my SS/TC. last winter I struggled with my tires, it was like skiing and traction was non-existent and ended up in a snow bank. I'm not lowered and have the stock rims. My current tires are wider than stock and rub when getting close the the steering locks but anyway... I've never had to purchase any winter/all-season tires. Any suggestions on sizes, brands, all season vs. winter.

166386_10150360123215391_829340390_16501428_3763445_n.jpg

Slobalt.

Reaction score
I work at discount tire, if you live where there is a lot of snow during the year the continental DWS is a great tire I was trucking through snow in Colorado Last winter with my LS I have konig wheels with 215/45/15 Conti DWS they were great and have AWESOME hydroplane resistance. They are a good all season tire IF you encounter a lot of snowy and wet roads. I live in Texas though so I'm trading mine in for some that are better for hot dry roads (Michelin super sport) you can go to Tirerack.com they have great options and customer reviews. But of course Discount has the best prices and customer service :)

Paul79UF

Reaction score
I also vote for buying at Discount Tire Direct. Got my last set from them and it was much cheaper than Tire Rack.

If you want to save even more money, have them mounted at a Walmart tire center.

But go on a weekday morning if possible. I had four guys at one time installing new tires on my car. It was like having a NASCAR pit crew. :)

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting a set of faulkin all season and dropped from the wide tires i had to stock size. Oddly enough have not gotten much snow this year.. tires, labor and disposal cost around $660

06RallySS

Reaction score
Discount tire is AWESOME! Just bought a set of wheels from them and tires not long before.

I have kumho escta AST 225/40/18... they do AMAZING, in just about any weather. Plus they are just at 100 bucks a piece and free shipping from discount tire!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson