Any Idea whats wrong?

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
puts a lot of stress on the wheel bearings. There is only one 100% safe way to change the lug pattern on these cars, and i has it.

Then again, you could always just play with offsets to get the stance you want. If you use tire rack's recommendations to base your opinions for wheel offset, you're a shmuck.

i would love to try a +30 or +25 on the rear of my car. 18x8 and i'm fairly certain it would fit with the camber i have...

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that was one of the warnings stress on the bearings? i know its prolly in here some where but explaing "offset" is it the difference between the width of the front and back tires?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lower offset means the wheel will stick out farther. a 0 offset wheel has most of the rim towards the outside. our stockers are 45 they stick out slightly but most of the rim is towards the inside compared to the hub face. you can do a wider high offset wheel with spacers to balance out the wheel bearing thing. i just say screw wheel bearings you gotta pay to play. quit worrying so much and have some fun.

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha alright, that explained it for me... im really wanting to get those spacers... idk though

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will get them eventually, it's just freakin expensive. you will probably need new wheel bearings every 20k or so though just warning you.

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah i'd go ahead and replace them before i put em on... one question though, if i get a 45 offset i would'nt really need em would i?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what, spacers? that's up to you. a 45 offset will be farther in towards the hub. anything over 7ish wide will rub with a 45 offset. a 35-30 like i said is pretty cash as far as being flush goes.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i guess...it can really only go out you cant fit more than a half inch between the spring perch and the wheel...starts gettin close. but that's positive offset feel me.

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i just really need to get some new wheels and tires so.... just wanting to get it all straightened out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson