Any Idea whats wrong?

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my setup is 42's, 3" pulley, Injen CAI, Magnaflow catback, Vibrant header/dp (catless). My boost gauge is pegging out while in WOT? I've been wanting to get tuned for a while by a local tuner but he is worried about the way my car is behaving? Is there anything we should know before he tunes or is it just because of the tune?

btw I've got an intense tune? not the it helped much...

any help would be appreciated!

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

any one?

Last edited by a moderator:

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pegging out like going to full boost? pooperchargers won't surge like turbos if a wastegate or bov is malfunctioning or something. your 3" pulley tells that blower how fast to spin and it's not gonna change. the boost gauge however runs off our map sensor. if the map sensor is malfunctioning it may just be sending a maxed out signal making the boost gauge think your car is boosting higher. it might be something totally different, but it's nothing that will directly harm your car like overboosting would.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or his cat is totally clogged and hes building 22+ lbs of boost.

Does the car feel slugginsh?

Ditch that intense tune ASAP.

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll be getting the MAP checked out soon, sometime this week? i just really need my car running right? trying to figure this all out...

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or his cat is totally clogged and hes building 22+ lbs of boost.

Does the car feel slugginsh?

Ditch that intense tune ASAP.

catless, and def falls on its face...hoping to get the whole MAP retuned or rewrote?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmph. i guess a map sensor code would trip it into limp mode. did you delete your code for the secondary o2 sensor? what's up with your mil light was it on before? explain a lil please

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried logging it? Do you have an interceptor or something to monitor the car?

Reading > Me on the catless, my bad.

WVsuperSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all good, and not really sure what the mil light is? the cel light is on i believe it's a lean fuel bank 1 not 100 percent though... no interceptor, have been jobless for the past 3 months no funds to get all the appropriate tools?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmph... how old is your o2 sensor? could just be running pig rich. wouldn't explain the high boost though. have you removed the supercharger or manifold before or has anyone? vacuum hoses, could also be a fuel delivery issue. lean codes are a bitch.

could also very well be a dirty maf.

mil light = cel

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso