battery indicator lite

UncleDave

Reaction score
Isn't it one of those things? The cooling fan is run by an electric motor, but convention, the Alternator is driven by the old Fan Belt. Guess it is sometimes called a Surpintine belt. We still use the term Dash Board. That was where you put your Feet on the old Horse Drawn wagons. The Front of the Engine is the end with the Belt. The Rear of the engine has the Transmission. Terms can get confusing. I learned about cars some 60 years ago, that it more than 3 times the ages of some the members posting. Things are changing. The # 1 plug is still in the Front of the engine. However I once saw it in the rear.

I am 60. I remember Dad, making me Co pilot, while driving he was driving. Gave me something to do. When I was old enough, he had me read the Map. He liked ESSO. They showed road construction, but the color told you about the road. Today maps do not show you this sort of info.

Part of my early map reading, the road numbers changed, an Route 2 at places became Route 2A. The wife wanted me to drive down to Route 50. I asked for directions my self. Yes US 50. Right next to the Air Port? yes. Just like you were driving to Texas.

We spent an hour looking for the address #. Finally, it was not US 50, but Business 50.
as an example. The two road were side by side, 2.5 miles apart.

Ever have trouble with a GPS device?

Sorry, I get a little winded.

God Speed.

Uncle Dave

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, now your original post makes sense Dave. Thank you for clarifying :)

Though I am quite a bit younger I was taught at a young age about cars, that terminology has since been antiquated and partially forgotten. Thanks for the refresher. :cheers:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup