Battery light won't go away

Christopher

Reaction score
I was driving and my battery light popped on so pulled into Oreillys.they tested it and was bad so changed it with new one. Originally I when I first installed I put the power wire on I did the wire then washer then nut. So the guy came out to test battery and alternator and said wasn't working right. So told me to change it and put the wire between washer and nut(is that correct). But when I did it was working pushing 13.4 volts to battery I believe but light still on. I ended driving from north Dakota home to Ohio with it on it didn't die at all. But when I give it gas the heater loses pressure and head lights dim a little. Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

djyeti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an alternator issue to me.

djyeti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so. Most alternators run between. 13.8 to 14.2 volts when charging. I'm not sure what the exact numbers on the cobalt are but 13.4 seems low to me and I think your car is letting you know that.

Christopher

Reaction score
I know when I first changed it it was like 14.4 then 30 miles later at next Oreillys I tested it. It was at 13.6 then drove 1000 miles back to Ohio like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup