Blow off valve

tooo_much_fun

Reaction score
Should I bypass the stock BOV or is the stock good enough? I plan on changing the down pipe, tunning, changing the intercooler and piping for sure, just really wondering if a BOV and a boost constroller would help?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the stock BPV will handle anything you can throw at it with the stock turbo so far as I know, so adding a BOV would just be for show.

tooo_much_fun

Reaction score
Ahhh but what a show it is. Love that sound. Now for a stupid question. Can you take off the return line from the intake tube, plug the intake tube and vent the BOV to the atmosphere to get that BOV sound? like I said I am just getting into the tuner cars so bear with me. Thanks again for all the help man.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I can tell if you want to vent to atmosphere you would need a BOV, the stock BPV doesn't have a removable return.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

If you want the BPV to be louder just get an intake, just make sure you get a tune after so your fuel trims don't get all messed up. also if you shorten your intake snorkle it'll get a bit louder as well.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My recommendation is a K&N intake, lots of R&D work into that piece.

RyRidesMotoX

Reaction score
If you want to run a block off plate here is the way I ran my vac lines ignore the pen I'm using as a pointer. I was illustrating something for a question someone asked.

On my lower CP there is no nipple for the vac line that goes there on the stocker. It gets deleted. The vac line that runs from the solenoid to the bpv goes onto you new BOV. I run 24psi on my tune with all my mods as long as your BOV works correctly you will be fine. I am having a recurring MAF code probably from the BOV but it can be tuned out. I need to get a new MAF just so I know its from the bov and not a faulty maf before I turn off the code.

my mods: Treadstone Stage 3 including the following: Cold air intake, chargepipes, intercooler, 3 inch catless dp and 3 inch straight exhaust. I'm trifecta/HP dual tuned.

Dayhoff35

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah k&n intake gives same sound but it messes up fuel trims, the bov is louder though if thats what you want, i have a hks bov that practicly new if you wanna go that route though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso