Bluetooth Failure

Ignus

Reaction score
I purchased a 2010 Cobalt last July and, until approx a week or two ago, the bluetooth worked fine across several different phones without issue and with my current phone for the past several months. Out of the blue, the link between phone and car almost appears... corrupt, for lack of a better word.

The following occurs:

1) When dialing from the car, the call begins, but then immediately drops off car audio and onto the phone. The call connects successfully, but there is no phone audio. The call continues until disconnected.

2) When dialing from the phone, the call works fine with normal audio, but as soon as I try to transfer audio to the car all sound on both sides stops. The call continues until disconnected.

3) While the car-phone audio is in limbo, speakerphone does not respond on the phone. It was almost as if the failed passing of the audio freezes up the two devices.

This has steadily been declining, the audio working on occasion but now it's a 100% failure rate. I have removed all paired devices from the car and repaired. I'm working with a Verizon iPhone 4. I haven't done any recent updates to it, that I'm aware of, that would have altered something software related. I also work as Verizon Wireless tech support, so, I'm fully confident I can check out all potential phone-related issues. The last thing I am going to try, as soon as I'm able, is try and pair my husband's iPhone to the car and see if that works or fails as a final phone-related bit of troubleshooting to either rule out a phone issue or see if it's my phone that's causing the problem.

I've contacted the dealership for suggestions, but their summary was effectively "we don't know beans about bluetooth, but we'll look at it, but if we decide to blame the phone we'll charge you $70 bucks'. No thanks, especially not if you've admitted you have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions of other things to try? Thanks in advance!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet here is to try and use at least one other phone with the car the more the better, if it works successfully then it's the iPhone4. If not then its back to the dealership to have them replace whatever it needs under warranty.

Another iPhone may not be the best selection to narrow it down. There really isn't any reason that the bluetooth wouldn't work with your phone in this manner other than one of the bluetooth devices wiring coming loose. Can the other person still hear you talking? can you hear them or anything at all?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso