Bolt ons???

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to cobalts, and well modifying cars in general. I have done atv, and dirtbike mods before and want to get into my new cobalt. A short ram intake and full exhaust is going to be first. Probably just the cheapest intake and header and then buy a hi-flow cat and i am thinking thermal engineering muffler and have an exhaust shop just bend me up some 2.5" tubing to connect it all. I want a nice deep tone not a crappy sound. There are too many kids running around with cherry bombs or $25 ebay mufflers and i hate that sound. Does anyone have any recommendations on anything else? I saw the 2.4l intake swap, but don't know the specific parts/cars to get them from, and the kits i see sold are expensive from what you are all saying. I did search a little, but am not familiar with the engine titles, le5, l61, lsj and what not. My '05 2.2 base motor will get upgraded this winter, but i want to do my bolt ons as soon as i sell my old car. I already have some rims, and am buying the eibach pro kit springs and sway bar kit because i don't want to drag everywhere. So advice, direction, or any little bits of info would be helpful. Like i said, car engine modification is new to me but i am more than mechanical enough to do anything on my own with the help of the car bibles...."service manuals" lol. But thanks in advance, and hope to learn from you all and maybe help out if i can and have a few laughs along the way.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Guess i'll drop down to 2.25" piping then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup