brake pads and rotors

mrcoffee

Reaction score
yes does anyone know where i can get FREE step by step instructions on replacing front brakes on my 08 cobalt and what tools i may need..thanks

bluebaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm... i'm willing to bet that there is a step by step video on youtube somewhere. A1auto always has good videos...

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

hahAAAA!!!
How To Install Replace Front Disc Brakes Chevy Cobalt Pontiac G5 05-10 1AAuto.com - YouTube
click here if the vid didn't embed^^^

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

at the 2 minute mark, be careful when you use the screwdriver to push the caliper piston in, to not tear a line or boot, etc lol

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

at the 7 minute mark, he is checking the slider pins. don't be afraid to pull those all the way out & check for corrosion. if they dirty, clean & re grease - or replace lol

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

last, be sure to pump the brakes til the pedal is firm before you put it n gear. else you scare the shiz out of your self haha!

ans last last, (as bass-waves put it for me - i love you bass :D) you have to bed the new pads into the rotor. start with a series of slow&short stops. then gradually try harder/longer stops.

and last last last, i like to re check everything after testing. so i put it back on jack stands & visually inspect... but thats me lol

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on blue! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

MP81

Reaction score
you have to bed the new pads into the rotor. start with a series of slow&short stops. then gradually try harder/longer stops.

This is a very important step. Depending on who makes your brake pads, they may list their procedure for bedding them in. If not, it's easy to find online.

and last last last, i like to re check everything after testing. so i put it back on jack stands & visually inspect... but thats me lol

Biggest one being - don't forget to torque the lugs down!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup