Brand new 10 XFE cobalt manual clutch is noisy

bigmarky

Reaction score
so i bought a new xfe 5spd manual cobalt a few months back

from the very start the hydraulic clutch creeks and squeeks on press/depress

they've replaced the pedal 2x, regreased it, and it still comes back every morning when i drive it

they are ignoring the issue now, but im still making it apparent to them

here's a utube video i made of the noise
anyone else had this problem?

YouTube - squeeky clutch

The Beer Guy

Reaction score
me too got my 2010 cobalt XFE and its been squeeking every time i hit the clutch , i think it has something to do with it being a plastic clutch pedal. but other than that havent been able to look at it . i work nights and laitly its only been dark out when im awake.
what helps me is just having the radio on lol it really does i forgot about it untill i read your post

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
More lube.....:rofl:

But seriously though, whine about it till they fix it.

keithmcd901

Reaction score
mine does the same thing. but it seems to get quieter the more miles i put on it. the other problem i have is that when i shift going from first to second the shift knob makes a squeaking noise

skull_rx3

Reaction score
i recently got a used 10 xfe and my clutch does the same but really only when i granny shift. other then that i am loving the car so far and cant wiat till i get same parts in and do a little playing with it:driver:

Lenny

Reaction score
I believe it's probably a plastic bushing in the pedal. Plastic changes with weather temp, so sometimes it will squeak, sometimes it won't. And you're right. it IS annoying.

keithmcd901

Reaction score
no... but with my car the issues has resolved itself... the noise wnt away after a few thousand miles

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like the return spring

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

so i bought a new xfe 5spd manual cobalt a few months back

from the very start the hydraulic clutch creeks and squeeks on press/depress

they've replaced the pedal 2x, regreased it, and it still comes back every morning when i drive it

they are ignoring the issue now, but im still making it apparent to them

here's a utube video i made of the noise
anyone else had this problem?

YouTube - squeeky clutch

this my friend is bullshit. it is not operating the way the manufacturer intended. you complain they must fix it. they say no, tell them you want the number to their regional warranty manager. also in some states the lemon law is in affect if it's serviced for the same problem 3 times. look into your local lemon laws and see if you are within the parameters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup