break breaking

pitsnipe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day my wife and I noticed a grinding noise when I braked, which got worse so when ever the car was moving. (good thing she was with me or I would have never have noticed with my music) Any way I pull the fronts off and find the inside pads and the inside of the rotor was glazed and the gap in the middle of the pads was filled with a greasy mess. I checked all sources of grease and nothing was leaking. I moved over to the drivers rear drum and when I finally got the drum off pieces fell out. The "W" shaped metal rod was in 2 pieces and the piece that was between the shoes on the bottom is missing. $224 later I have all new parts for every thing but the passenger rear break (the only one that was fine). dose any one know the bedding in process for the breaks?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just try not to have very "Heated stops" so basically try not to slam on the brakes too much while slowing and try to coast more to a stop. I'd say for about 5 braking miles

pitsnipe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I just typed a whole post and went to post it and it disappeared. Any way just finished the brakes, well over an hour ago with the shower and retyping my post. well some of it. any way thanks Tuner for the bedding help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts