Busted hard plastic hose changing air filter

geffy

Reaction score
Hi. Noob here. '09 Cobalt LS, 2.2 engine. That much I know. I seek further enlightenment.

While trying to change the air filter and get the top undone, I hear a "snap" and find that I've busted a hard plastic hose connected to the air filter housing at one end. The other end is connected to a rubber hose routed somewhere down inside the engine compartment. Car runs with said busted hose (which I have crudely patched), but Check Engine light is now on.

I probably should have tried to remove the hose and the MAF sensor connector first. :emotions122:

Anyway - what is a good name for the hose in question so I can maybe replace it?

Most grateful,

Geff

P.S. Also noticed that a wire is broken on the connector going to the MAF sensor, so for all I know that may be the check engine light issue.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Picture?

Is it the PCV hose? Connects to the valve cover.

The broken wire is likely the source of your check light, RockAuto sells a replacement connector with I think 12" leads. I replaced one on my car, pretty easy.

rupertsilva10

Reaction score
Hi there, I have also the same issue, I cracked a hose from down under my air filter box that connects somewhere underneath. If I fire up my engine there was a violent shaking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitey75

Latest posts