Cai

hemylio

Reaction score
Has anyone used this CAI. It's from eBay obviously.lol.
STAINLESS WASHABLE FILTER+COLD AIR INTAKE 05-10 COBALT 2.2L/05-08 SS 2.4L POLISH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a link? That describes half of the offerings for that motor.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't want that filter, not unless you want to see your motor eat a lot of dust and dirt. That's a race style filter, they rebuild those motors between races so they can afford the coarser filter. It's a basic tube and has all the stuff you'll need, just replace the filter with an AEM Dryflow.

hemylio

Reaction score
You don't want that filter, not unless you want to see your motor eat a lot of dust and dirt. That's a race style filter, they rebuild those motors between races so they can afford the coarser filter. It's a basic tube and has all the stuff you'll need, just replace the filter with an AEM Dryflow.

Ok. If that's the case I'll replace it with a spectre filter. I know it won't do much but maybe 2hp but this car needs every bit of help.lol.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A stock box cheese mod and a cai filter. A good filter like Yelloeye said. That will do the trick. There is more stuff you can do but I don't want to thread jack lol. Want your mind blown on how much you can do to that motor? Lol

hemylio

Reaction score
A stock box cheese mod and a cai filter. A good filter like Yelloeye said. That will do the trick. There is more stuff you can do but I don't want to thread jack lol. Want your mind blown on how much you can do to that motor? Lol

Yes please. As far as engine work I'm just thinking of intake exhaust tune and cams. All motor.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

hemylio

Reaction score
That's exactly what I would want but quieter. Not a fan of fart can sounds at all.lol. At the wheels I'd be more than happy with 180s. Thanks for showing me that. The 2.4 head and tb swaps is too easy. I would never have imagined that fitting.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He didn't swap the head, it was the intake manifold. The throttle body swap is pretty easy, it's the new calibration for it that can be tricky since opening values and percentages don't equal the same as stock. That thing had a ton of velocity coming out of the exhaust.

He's a local to me, sold it and stopped posting here. He's still got the template to drop a 2.2tb onto a 2.4 manifold, which is what I did with my last cobalt.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso