Car Problem

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i havent been on for awhile but ihave a lil more to da bolt, ill post pix later but i have a question bout something that makes a clicking noise when i press on the pedal. its like when im completely stopped and i press on the accelator and i hear two clicks, one on each side of the front tires. they are loud clicks too. does anyone know what that could mean, it does it when i am in drive and go in reverse and another thing, whenever i accerlate i hear a squeak from the engine compartment. my friend said it cud just be my belt. but does that seem like whats wrong with as well?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the clicks are you lowered? if you're lowered possibility the axles going.

for the squeak when do u hear it? does the sound get worse/change when you turn on the a/c? does it do it under hard acceleration only? if it does, does it sounds like a cat getting its tail stepped on?

if it does it at idle in neutral with a/c off most likely a bearing on one of the pulleys.

Last edited:

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no im not lowered, i went to the delearship and they said they couldnt hear it but i dont see how u cant, its really loud. but thats dealers for u.
for the sqeak, i hear it whenever i push on the peddle, hard or regular accelorating. i havent really heard a difference with or with out the a/c but ill check on that. and it does it on hard or regular acceleration and yes sometimes it will make the noise in neutral.
what would it be if it only did it with the a/c on, just so i would know.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it did it only when the a/c was on it could be either of the following:

a loose belt slipping because the compressor is added load. belt could be loose from either wear/stretching over time or weak belt tensioner.

it could be a bad bearing in the compressor because the compressor shaft is only spinning when the a/c is on.

also could be a slipping a/c compressor clutch.

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how would i know for sure which one and do you know what the clickin could be?

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

i might post a video later today of both if that would help you guys out.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda need a trained ear to know what you're hearing. a vid would help a lot there's a whole lot of sounds clicks, clunks, squeals, squeaks. what i consider a squeal you may call a squeak if you catch my drift.

Last edited:

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got clunks like that when my lower control arm bushing were shot ...... and i would get a squeak from time to time . it was the rubber in the control arms

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh okay, yea i completey snapped my control arm in the winter going over a curb and had to get it replaced and the squeak i listened to it yesterday and it only did it when it was with the a/c on. so the clicks could be the control arms then?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup